Andre Arsenault, Hernan Miguez, Ian Manners and Geoffrey Ozin co-invented photonic color technology, in the Chemistry Department, University of Toronto. In 2006, together they co-founded Opalux in order to develop the technology for a range of new and exciting applications.
Opalux today is the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of tunable photonic crystals. On the 24th October 2017, they proudly announced that the company has entered into a strategic partnership with De La Rue, the world’s leading anti-counterfeiting and security specialist for currency, identity and brand protection. The partnership will incorporate joint product development and sales on a global basis.
Commenting on the new partnership, Ulrich Walter, the Product Managing Director De La Rue’s Security Features and Identity Portfolio said: ‘As a security business, we spend every day staying ahead of the counterfeiter across currency, identity, tax stamps and brand protection. One of our core strategic priorities is to grow our security features portfolio by investing in research and development, as well as partnerships. Opalux has an exciting technology that we believe can play a significant role for our global customers, as part of an integrated portfolio and multiple solutions from De La Rue.’
- Congratulations Lu Wang, Meikun Xia, Hong Wang, Kefeng Huang, and Chenxi Qian on your Perspective “Greening Ammonia toward the Solar Ammonia Refinery”
- U of T Solar Fuels Group Awarded Major Funding for Greenhouse Gas Project
- University of Toronto Solar Fuels Group among top Six finalists announced for Ontario’s Solutions 2030 Challenge
- Congratulations to Dr. Paul Duchesne for the Award of a Prestigious NSERC Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The U of T Solar Fuels Team Showcase its Greenhouse Gas to Fuels Technology at OCE Discovery 2018
Header Courtesy of Digital Westex