Andre Arsenault, Hernan Miguez, Ian Manners and Geoffrey Ozin co-invented photonic color technology, in the Chemistry Department, University of Toronto. In 2006, together they co-founded Opalux in order to develop the technology for a range of new and exciting applications.
Opalux today is the world’s leading developer and manufacturer of tunable photonic crystals. On the 24th October 2017, they proudly announced that the company has entered into a strategic partnership with De La Rue, the world’s leading anti-counterfeiting and security specialist for currency, identity and brand protection. The partnership will incorporate joint product development and sales on a global basis.
Commenting on the new partnership, Ulrich Walter, the Product Managing Director De La Rue’s Security Features and Identity Portfolio said: ‘As a security business, we spend every day staying ahead of the counterfeiter across currency, identity, tax stamps and brand protection. One of our core strategic priorities is to grow our security features portfolio by investing in research and development, as well as partnerships. Opalux has an exciting technology that we believe can play a significant role for our global customers, as part of an integrated portfolio and multiple solutions from De La Rue.’
- Congratulations on Achieving the Golden h = 100!
- Congratulations Hong Wang, Lu Wang and coworkers on you Angewante Chemie paper and cover entitled Ambient Electro-Synthesis of Ammonia – Electrode Porosity and Composition Engineering
- Plasmon Power – Ambient Synthesis of Ammonia
- Congratulations Lu Wang, Meikun Xia, Hong Wang, Kefang Huang, and Chenxi Qian on your Perspective “Greening Ammonia: Toward the Solar Ammonia Refinery”
- Made in Canada – Canadian nano-technology invented in Professor Geoffrey Ozin’s nanochemistry laboratory and commercialized by Opalux, stops counterfeiters in their tracks
Header Courtesy of Digital Westex