Chemicals and fuels derived from CO2 and enabled by solar power have taken the research world by storm over the past decade. However, CO2-derived fuel technologies, as promising as they may appear, are still subject to the harsh economic realities of chemical engineering. Is it possible to simultaneously achieve high photonic efficiencies all whilst adhering to the logic of economies of scale? Two new start-ups, The Solistra Corporation and Dimensional Energy, have taken on this challenge and are paving the way towards a future driven by solar fuel technology
See full article at Advanced Science News.
- Congratulations to Zaiyong Jiang, Wei Sun, & co-authors on their article in Advanced Science
- Fundamentals and Applications of Photocatalytic CO2 Methanation
- Challenges of Electrifying Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Electrochemical Carbon Dioxide Reduction in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide is Cool
- Congratulations to Dr. Xiaoliang Yan and co-authors on their paper, “Nickel@Siloxene catalytic nanosheets for high-performance CO2 methanation”
Header Courtesy of Digital Westex